Last updated on September 6, 2021
What information do we collect from you and why?
We and our service providers collect numerous types of information, much of which is based on your interaction with our website and mobile application. Types of information include:
- Device and browsing information. This includes the IP address, referral website, browser and device type, operating system version, webpage navigation tools, information about the frequency of your use of our mobile application, the events that occur within the mobile application during your use, aggregated usage, performance data, the application’s download source and other information about your activities on this, other websites and our mobile application (collectively, "automatically collected information"). This information is collected for the purpose of determining ways in which to serve you best and include, but are not limited to, showing you events that are of the most relevance and interest to you, appropriately crediting marketing partners with attribution, for marketing and re-marketing purposes and for internal analytics;
- Contact Information. This includes your name, mailing address, zip code, postal code, phone number, email address and location-based information (including geolocation if you choose to opt in). This information is used during the creation of an account, when verifying customer's identity during order correspondence, in the delivery of tickets, and fraud protection;
- Ticket listing information. In order to ensure accurate listings, we collect information when registered users list tickets for sale on our marketplace. Such information includes the event, location of the event, quantity of tickets available, section and row of the tickets and the physical location of the tickets;
- Purchase and sale information. When tickets are bought or sold through our website or mobile application, we collect information such as the billing address, credit card or other payment information of the purchaser, links, PayPal address of the purchaser, name and address of a gift recipient and, in the event that another party will be picking items up for you, the name and phone number of a third person. This information is used during the creation of an account, when verifying customer's identity during order correspondence, in the delivery of tickets, and fraud protection;
- Publicly available information and purchased information. This includes information about you from publicly available databases and information purchased from your cell phone company and your email domain. This information is collected for marketing and fraud protection purposes, and;
- Other information or content that you provide. Any information that you provide, including comments, posts, photos and other information posted to our website and mobile application by you or other registered users; is publicly accessible and may be read, collected and used by others who access it. This information is used for our own customer service purposes.
How do we collect your information?
We collect information through your usage and registration on our website and mobile application. This information is also collected through email and other communications and interactions between you and our company as well as interactions that you have with other users. We also collect and obtain information about you from third parties, including information:
- You provide. Such information is collected when you visit or use our website or mobile application, register an account, purchase tickets or list tickets for sale, subscribe to our newsletter, join our Super Fan rewards program, post information or content to publicly accessible user pages, contact or communicate with us;
- From third parties. Third parties can include other users of our website or mobile application. For example, registered Shows In The US users may purchase tickets for you as a gift, mention you in a comment, post, or photo or choose to designate you to pick up tickets on his or her behalf and, in these and other such instances, third party information is collected. Third parties may also include our service providers, publicly available databases, third parties from whom we have purchased data, marketing partners, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with;
- From social media platforms. When you use social networks in connection with our website and mobile application to create an account via Google or Facebook sign on, link your social media accounts to your Shows In The Us profile, and otherwise connect via social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. that allow for the sharing of information, we collect the information shared by you. When you choose to use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our website or mobile application to share your purchases and other content from our website to social media networks, we will collect the information that you share, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us; and by
- Using cookies and other automatic collection methods. When you open an email from us or access our website or mobile application, we, our affiliates and/or the third parties that we work with may automatically collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device that you use. This generally does not include personal information that directly identifies you, unless you provide that information through our website or you choose to share it with us. The automatic collection methods we use include cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, and other similar technologies. We also use mobile analytics software to help us better understand the functionality of our web and mobile application services as they relate to your electronic devices.
How do we use your information?
We use the information collected and/or obtained via the above means to conduct our business and to provide you with the products, services, and experiences that you request, including those that we think may be of interest to you. We use this information:
- To provide you with services. Services include administering the website, fulfilling your orders and processing your payments, paying you if your sell tickets through our marketplace, calculating shipping options, verifying your identity, protecting the integrity of the ticket marketplace, processing, maintaining and servicing your account, sending you relevant newsletters, offers, and promotions, and providing you with requested products and services or those that we think might interest you. We may use your IP address and geolocation information to determine your city and state location in order to recommend nearby events, services or businesses that may be of interest to you. This could include sending you push notifications or alerts regarding these nearby events, services and businesses;
- To contact you and deliver information. In ideal cases, this information is targeted to your interests. These communications may contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links are made available should you decide you do not want to receive further communications of this type.
- To respond to you. When you place an order, correspond with us by email or other means, make a request or inquiry, or share a comment or concern, we will use the information generated in your communications to respond to you;
- To personalize your experiences with us. This includes remembering your interests and preferences, whether inferred through your activity patterns or set by you in your account preferences; to customize listings and services, to track and categorize your activity and interests on our website and mobile app (including the identification and verification of different devices you use), and to deliver you a unique shopping experience tailored to your needs;
- For marketing purposes. Information that we collect may be used to send you marketing and advertising communications, to segment and build audiences, to engage in interest-based advertising, to provide social media features, and to personalize the marketing and advertising that we show you;
- For analytics. Analytics help us understand how you use our website and mobile application, track our website traffic, gather demographic information about our individual users and aggregate user base, determine the methods and devices used to access our website and mobile application, and improve our website, mobile application, and associated services. We do not link the information we store within our mobile analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application;
- For our business purposes. In order to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities, we may use collected information to identify new customers, to update, expand, and analyze our records, for research, to determine your satisfaction with our website and services, to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services, to enforce, apply or comply with any of our terms or policies, including but not limited to this Policy, and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law; and
- For legal, contractual and safety purposes. Collected information may be used to defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties from harm or in legal proceedings, protect our rights, protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property, respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests, address legal and regulatory compliance, comply with contracts and other agreements to which we are a party, and to notify you of changes to our terms, policies, or practices.
Should you provide us with personal information about others, we may disclose that information to certain third parties for their marketing purposes. When you provide us with personal information about other parties, we will assume that you have obtained the consent of such other parties to do so.
Will my personal and account information be provided to any other party?
We restrict access to your personal information only to those who need access to use it as set forth in this Policy. Your personal and account information will never be sold or shared to third parties, except under the following circumstances:
- With service providers that perform certain functions. Select third parties with whom we choose to work may not utilize personal information for promotional purposes. They may only use personal information as is necessary to provide the following services to us:
- Payment processing
- Ticket delivery, both electronically and physically, and accurate seat selection and assignment
- Preventing fraudulent purchases and sales through our marketplace
- Data analytics for increased customer satisfaction
- With select business partners. Special offers, promotional materials, and other materials of interest may come to you from select business partners, including partners that are listed on our website. Under this Policy, Shows In The US may choose to share your name, email address, phone number, and billing address with these partners. Shows In The US is not responsible for the privacy practices of these business partners;
- To respond to legal requests. Such requests are limited to subpoenas, lawful requests by public authorities, court orders, or other legal process, as required by law, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- To protect ourselves, our property, and our users. We may choose to use collected information when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Shows In The US, our users, or others, including for purposes of fraud protection;
- Should we sell our company in whole or part. Collected information may be used in the event that some or all of Shows In The US is engaged in a sale, transfer, or merger with another company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership; or
At any time, you may direct us not to share your personal information with third parties (other than our service providers) by sending an email to email@example.com or by following the removal instructions in the communications that you receive.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to www.showsintheus.com.
When satisfied customers contact us with comments of their positive experiences, we may choose to display their personal testimonials on our website in addition to other endorsements. We may post your testimonial along with your name only with your consent. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security and Retention
We use Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") encryption technology via our 3rd party API provider, Ticket Evolution. Please visit https://friends.ticketevolution.com/privacy for more information on the SSL technology used.
We follow best practice industry standards to protect your Personal Information, both during transmission and once we receive it. It is important to note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use the most trusted and generally accepted means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security. We will keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary to conduct business for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with products or services, to carry out legitimate business interests, and where we are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law. If you have any questions or concerns about security on our website, you can email us directly at email@example.com.
Browsers Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have recently incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features. Such features can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. There is not yet a common understanding of this emerging technology or the interpretation of the DNT signal. We currently do not respond to web browser DNT signals.
Individuals under the age of 18 are not authorized to register an account, sell or purchase tickets, or otherwise use our website or mobile application for purposes other than browsing without verifiable parental consent. To ensure that no child under 18 years of age registers an account with Shows In The US, we require all new users to enter a birthdate in order to create an account and, therefore; do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 18 years of age. If you believe that your child under the age of 18 has submitted or attempted to submit personal information to us in connection with our website or mobile application, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. In doing so, you can either provide verifiable parental consent to allow them the ability to register an account or you may request denial of access for your child under 18 years of age. Once a denial request is submitted we can take the necessary steps to delete the personal information that she or he provided as required in accordance with applicable law.
Your Choices and Access Requests
Shows In The US users are offered the following choices regarding the use and sharing of personal information. Your choices include:
- Email Choices. To opt out of marketing or advertising emails, please email us at email@example.com or utilize the available "unsubscribe" link located in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. Please note that this only allows you to opt out of the marketing or advertising emails that you receive from us. Opting out of such marketing communications does not and will not stop us from sending transactional communications or legal notices.
- Mobile Devices. Your mobile device may offer settings relating to cookies, pixel tags, Flash cookies, and other similar technologies that dictate tracking. We encourage you to visit your device's help menu to learn about the options provided to you when using your device.
- Access Requests. Upon request, Shows In The US will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information and how it has been used and/or disclosed. You may update your personal information by making a change on the member information page. You may update or delete your personal information or request a correction to your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We retain all information for active accounts to provide you services. To request that we deactivate your account, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain and use your information, even if your account is deactivated, only as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
In certain instances, it is necessary for Shows In The US to maintain your personal information to perform certain essential business functions and, in these instances, Shows In The US must and will retain your personal information to carry out these functions. Shows In The US will NOT be required to comply with your request to delete your personal information for the following reasons:
- Completing Transactions. This includes when we provide you with requested goods and service, maintain our ongoing business relationship with you as is reasonably anticipated within the context of your activity on our website and app and through communications with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and Shows In The US (for example, the sale and purchase of tickets on our marketplace);
- Detecting Security Incidents. Will will retain and may use your information n order to combat malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity or to prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Website and App Maintenance. Your information may be used when we debug the website and mobile application or work to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Free Speech. We ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech or exercise another right a is provided for by law;
- State Compliance. We comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
- Research. Shows In the US may choose to engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest if and only if such research adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws. If deletion of Shows In The US user information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, and if you have provided informed consent, your information may be used within the context of such research;
- Internal Purposes. Shows In The US will retain and use your information in order to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with Shows In The US (for example, responding to and fulfilling your requests for goods and services);
- Legal Compliance. We will retain and use your information to comply with a legal obligation; or
- General Use. We will otherwise internally use your personal information in a lawful manner that is compatible withi the context in which you have provided the information.
Notice of Financial Incentive
When signing up for our Super Fan Rewards Program, you will be eligible for certain offers and perks not provided to general customers. Such perks include receiving credit for each purchase that you make and being allowed the ability to purchase tickets in advance of general customers. For more information about our Super Fan Rewards Program, please see our website at www.showsintheus.com/super-fan. To register and begin collecting your Super Fan benefits you will need to sign into or create a Shows In The US account. You may also choose to log in via your Google or Facebook account, if you have one.
You may withdraw from our rewards program at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As permitted by law, Shows In The US may make changes to this Policy and may apply any changes to all previously collected information. The effective date at the top of this Policy will be updated prior to the change becoming effective and Shows In The US users will be notified of material changes to this Policy when viewing the updated Policy on our website. After being notified of material changes to this Policy, you agree that, in continuing to use our website and app, the terms of this Policy (as of the new effective date) will apply to information we have previously collected or will collect in the future.
How can I give you feedback or contact you?
You can reach us in the following ways:
Shows In The US LLC
7706 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
If you believe we have not properly addressed your concerns or that we have infringed upon your rights, please contact us via mail or email at:
Shows In The US LLC
7706 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046